Friday, June 26, 2015

Gluten Free Brownies


I have recently decided to avoid gluten in my diet to see if it helps alleviate some autoimmune and inflammatory problems I have. I've always enjoyed baking, and am really liking discovering new recipes to bake so I can still get my dose of "treats". These particular brownies, I've made a couple of times now. The recipe is so simple and I've been experimenting with combinations. This week - raspberry and white chocolate.

The base of this recipe is gluten and dairy free so perfect for those with intolerances. This recipe is a bit of an adaptation from Carol Lovett's book Indulge.


Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Approx 75ml coconut oil (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon)
  • 1 cup cacao/cocoa powder
  • 1/2 - 1 cup of coconut sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Approx 1 - 1 1/2 cups of additional ingredients: ie. choc chips, nuts, berries

Method:

1.  Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
2.  In a small bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil together.
3.  In a large bowl, mix cacao powder, coconut sugar and salt.

4.  Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients slowly, while stirring to combine.
5.  Once combined and smooth, add in any additional ingredients you like.


6.  Pour into lined slice tin (mine is 11" x 7").
7.  Bake for 25-30 minutes - the brownies will still be soft and bouncy in the middle with a bit of a jiggle but they'll continue to set in the coming hours.


8.  Let cool for 5 hours (or overnight if you can!) or place in the fridge to speed up the process before cutting into pieces. I cut mine into about 20 pieces.


Enjoy! I would love to hear what your favourite brownie combinations are in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment